Genista is a perfect product for Valentine’s Day designs; it adds instant happiness! Genista is easy to bend and therefore great to create a heart shape. Be inspired by this video tutorial about how to make this centerpiece with Genista heart, follow the steps and create your own!
Time: 10 – 15 minutes | Difficulty: easy (**)
- Floral tape
- Foam pins
- White decorative rope (3x 15cm)
- Woolen felt rope (100cm)
- 1 x bundle Genista Red
- 4 x Rose Madam Red
- 10 x Tulip Adrem
- 10 x Tulip Antarctica
- 5 x Lisianthus Rosi Red
- 2 x Cornus Sibrica
Want to order these flowers? Visit our webshop!
How To Make A Centerpiece with Genista Heart:
- Attach the pins to the plate. Secure them with the fix. Cut 1/3 of the floral foam piece. Push the floral foam on the pins. Cut corners off the piece to create a bit of a round shape at the top.
- Cut the side branches at the bottom of one of the Cornus branches. Bend the branch and secure it with the fix. Do the same with the other branch, but when you secure it, hold the other branch aside and secure it to each other, so you create a heart shape.
- Cut the lower part of the Cornus stems, so the heart fits in the floral foam. Push it in.
- Now you add the Genista. Push the stems in the foam, firmly at the front and the back of the heart shape.
- Secure the tops of the Genista to the heart shape with floral tape.
- Put two stems of Genista in the middle of the heart. Secure these two stems to the heart shape with the decorative rope.
- Cover the other floral tape with the decorative tape as well.
- Now start with adding the flowers to the design. Put in the Roses firmly to the basis of the heart shape, at various heights.
- Add the Lisianthus. Cut the stems, so you get short stems of approx. 15cm. You can use the full-grown flowers and the little ones, put them in at various heights.
- Add the Tulips and cut the stems short. Cover the top of the floral foam piece with them.
- Cover the rest of the foam piece with the woolen felt rope.
- Your Centerpiece with Genista Heart is ready to use! Enjoy!