Every mother will adore the combination of pinks, especially when this is done with fabulous flowers like Peony, Hydrangea, Bouvardia, Calla Lily, and Garden Roses! Be inspired by this video tutorial, follow the steps below and create this pink Mother’s Day centerpiece.
Time: 20 – 25 minutes | Difficulty: average (***)
- Wicker wreath basket
- 2 x Floral foam
- 3 x Rose Bloomsbury (VIP Roses – Sassen B.V.)
- 1 x Ranunculus Cloony Cappucino
- 1 x Ranunculus Cloony Hanoi
- 1 x Ranunculus Pauline Violet
- 2 x Bouvardia Pink Eye (Chrywijk)
- 3 x Calla Lily Captain Melrose
- 3 x Calla Lily Captain Promise
- 3 x Peony Pecher
- 1 x Hydrangea Sibilla Red
- 1 x bundle Flexigrass
Want to order these flowers? Visit our webshop!
Steps for making this Pink Mother’s Day Centerpiece:
- Cut the floral foam into shape. Push it into the basket.
- Start with the Hydrangea. Cut the stems to approx 5cm and add it to the side of the basket, so that it is covering 3/4 of the floral foam.
- Add the Captain Promise Calla Lilies. Group them, and push them carefully into the foam, at the side of the Hydrangea.
- After this, add one of the Bouvardia stems. Keep the design as compact as possible.
- Add the Dutch Garden Roses and the Ranunculi. Group them as well.
- Add the Captain Melrose Calla Lilies. Group them also like the other flowers, and push them carefully into the foam, at the opposite side of the Hydrangea as the other Calla Lilies.
- Now add the Peonies. And, as you can imagine by now, also grouped.
- Finally, cut both sides of the bundle of Flexigrass, so all stems are even in length. Split the bundle in two.
- Take one of the bundles in your hand and bend the ends, so you get a nice bow. Push the bow into the floral foam, in between the Hydrangea, Captain Melrose Calla Lilies, and the Peonies.
- Bend the other bunch to a bow as well and push it into the floral foam in a way it forms a heart shape together with the other bow.
- Your pink Mother’s Day centerpiece is ready for use! Enjoy!