Wow, what an eye catcher! You need to have to skills, but if the piece stands it’s a great gesture. Challenge yourself to create this piece, and go crazy with all the different Amaryllis flowers. Be inspired by this video tutorial, follow the steps below and create this Stunning Amaryllis Christmas piece.
Time: 20 – 25 minutes | Difficulty: experienced (****)
- Brown felt role
- Gold decoration wire
- Tape (waterproof)
- Decoration stones
- 1 x Amaryllis Red Lion
- 1 x Amaryllis Charisma
- 1 x Amaryllis Popov
- 1 x Amaryllis Gervase
- 1 x Amaryllis Liberty
- 1 x Amaryllis Challenger
- 1 x Betula Pendula natural bunch
- 5 x Carnation Grand Slam
- 4 x Ilex Verticillata
- 3 x Rosa Madam Red
Want to order these flowers? Visit our webshop!
Steps for making the Amaryllis scale:
- Clean the stems of the Carnation, and cut them.
- Cut the stems of the roses, Betula and Ilex.
- Then you start with two stems of Amaryllis, cut them on different heights and tape the stems together.
- Add Amaryllis number three, and cut this one at a different height. Do the same with Amaryllis number four and tape the flowers together.
- Add the other stems of Amaryllis, play with the height, and then cut them. Tape the Amaryllis all together, and be sure that the flower piece can stand.
- Tip: put all the tape on the same height on the stems. Then you can hide it easy later.
- Add four branches of Betula to the piece, and tape them on the piece.
- You do the same with the roses, Carnation and Ilex. Play with the height of the different flowers.
- If you want, you can add some extra Betula for a second layer.
- Now you are going to make a sleeve of the brown felt. Cut around 10 centimeters wide.
- Wrap the felt around the stems and use the golden decoration wire to attach it. First, wrap it a couple of times around the brown felt.
- Cut the wire and make a knot.
- Put the piece on the plate and add the decoration stones.
- Now you are finished with this masterpiece!