Keep it simple with Ornithogalum! Our Saundersiae, Thyrsoides Milky Way, Ornithogalum Dubium Orange Sunshine, and Ornithogalum Yellow Star are incredibly suited for simple, yet beautiful arrangements like modern minimalistic designs. Holex offers a wide range of high-quality Ornithogalum varieties in the webshop.
Ornithogalum is known as the Star-of-Bethlehem, Chincherinchee, Snake Flower, and Arab’s Eyes. The common name “Star-of-Bethlehem” is based on the biblical event of the birth of Jesus where the Star of Bethlehem appeared. In Greek, “ornithos” means bird and “gala” means milk, but it’s not sure how this flower got its name. Also, a common Greek phrase was used to express something amazing. Ornithogalum is native to southern Europe, southern Africa, and the Middle East. This flower is from the family of Asparagaceae.
Ornithogalum symbolizes purity, hope, honesty, innocence, trust, and forgiveness. This flower is associated with the birth of Jesus Christ and is used as a symbol of Christ during religious ceremonies and other occasions.
Colors, Shapes, and Availability
Ornithogalum is a star-shaped flower with an eye in the middle. This flower always has six petals and is shaped in a raceme. Our high-quality Ornithogalum is available all year round. Ornithogalum is available in the colors: white, yellow, and orange.
List of Varieties
- Ornithogalum Saundersiae – This flower creates a pristine look with the delicate white flowers concentrated at the top of the stem.
- Ornithogalum Thyrsoides Mount Fuji – Mount Fuji in an all-white bouquet is truly soothing and displays a calm feel to your floral bouquet.
- Ornithogalum Yellow Star – A refreshing charming yellow is perfect for a gentle warm color palette.
- Ornithogalum Thyrsoides Milky Way – The soft silky leaves of this flower enhances the soft feel of your floral bouquet tremendously.
- Ornithogalum Thyrsoides – This flower has a nice pale white color for a sweet pastel color palette.
- Ornithogalum Dubium – A playful orange Ornithogalum Dubium adds a layer of texture to your floral design.
- Ornithogalum Thyrsoides White Star – This flower is perfect for Lush Greenery wedding arrangements.
- Ornithogalum Dubium Orange Sunshine – The deep orange color of this Ornithogalum is spectacular in a floral summer design.
- Ornithogalum Dubium Yellow ASA – This warm stimulating yellow-colored Ornithogalum enriches the bright and intense textures of your floral design so well.
Make a modern minimalistic floral arrangement with Ornithogalum Thyrsoides Mount Fuji, Calla Crystal White, and Hydrangea Verena Pink. The yellow and orange Ornithogalum looks so cheerful with bright colored flowers like Celosia Fashion, Hydrangea Magical Ruby Purple, and Peony Coral Charm.
Shop Care Tips
Cut the stems diagonally and place the flowers in a vase with clean water and a low sugar holding solution.