Oh, those amazing Scabiosa! It’s such a versatile flower, it can be used in any kind of design style. Its flowers burst out happiness, and this will be appreciated during any season of the year. From deep burgundy red to pastel-tinted lavender and pure white: the Holex webshop has a wide palette of colors available. Learn all about Scabiosa in our Scabiosa wholesale guide, and surprise your customers with these amazing flowers.
Scabiosa, AKA Pincushion Flower
Scabiosa is known by the name pincushion flower due to its pincushion-like appearance. This flower is part of the family Caprifoliaceae, also known as the honeysuckle family. Scabiosa comes from the Latin word ’Scabies’ meaning ‘the itch.’ It was believed to cure scabies back in the day. However, this was not proven. Scabiosa was also medicine to treat coughs, fevers, and skin inflammations. The native of this genus lies in Africa, Europa, and Asia.
Colors, Shapes, and Availability
The dainty lace-like frills of the petals give a charming feel and combined with the delicate-looking center this flower is a real eye-catcher. Scabiosa for wholesale is available in a wide range of incredible colors such as red, purple, lavender, pink, blue, and white. Scabiosa varieties are available all year round, but where they are grown, depends on which moment in the year you want them.
Scabiosa symbolizes pure love, purity, and peace. Thus, a great flower for any type of wedding floral design! Use Scabiosa in a bouquet or arrangement if your customer is asking for a meaningful, loving gift.
Scabiosa Wholesale Varieties
- Scabiosa Red Velvet – This flower is perfect for a romantic wedding bouquet
- Scabiosa Blackberry Scoop – Use Blackberry Scoop to enhance the passionate look in your floral design
- Scabiosa Focal Scoop Dark Purple – This remarkable purple-colored Scabiosa looks great in a modern floral arrangement
- Scabiosa Lavender Scoop – This flower looks wonderful in a pastel color palette
- Scabiosa Picasso – Picasso enhances the modern and minimalistic floral design
- Scabiosa Goya – This romantic red color enriches the sweet look of any summer bouquet
- Scabiosa Davida – This light blue color creates a natural look in a pastel-colored bouquet
- Scabiosa Milky Scoop – Brilliant white color of this flower looks incredible in an adventurous pink wedding bouquet
- Scabiosa Annabelle – A delicate white-colored Scabiosa that will surely add a soft texture to your floral design
- Scabiosa Stafa – This lavender-colored beauty is a feast for the eye! Perfect for summery bouquets
These are only a few of the varieties that we carry in our range. Visit the Holex webshop to see current availability!
Scabiosa Focal Scoop Bicolor looks stunning with a bunch of white roses. Use Hydrangeas, Peonies, Astilbe with Scabiosa to achieve a delightful wildflower bouquet. Scabiosa matches splendidly with pastel colors and deep dark colors. So try these color palettes with Scabiosa to achieve an eye-catching look for your customers.
Take a look at the design tutorials we’ve made with Scabiosa:
- This fall wedding centerpiece with the stunning Scabiosa Annabelle.
- A lovely pomander with Scabiosa Vanilla Scoop
- This great cascade spring wedding bouquet with Scabiosa Raspberry Scoop
For more design inspiration, visit our Pinterest mood board.
Shop Care Tips for Scabiosa Wholesale
First, remove the leaves from the stem to avoid leaves hanging in water or getting stuck. Cut the stems diagonally and place the flowers in a vase with clean water.